Last week I promised to write up the pattern for last week’s jeweled anklet. So, of course I made another anklet, but instead of writing down what I was crocheting, I just figured I’d remember what I was doing. Argh! Why do I do these things??? Anyway here is my new anklet. What do you think?
So, dear friends, I am going back, starting over and forcing myself to make a new anklet, just so I can deliver on my promise. I hope there are a few people out there who will make one for themselves!
crochet hook 1.65mm
- String 15 beads onto the cotton, crochet thread.
- ch 8, ch 1 with bead, [ch 3, ch 1 with bead] 14 times, ch 9, turn.
- sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc across, turn.
- ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), dc in next 7, ch 2 [dc in next 2 st, ch 2] 17 more times, dc 6 times to the end, turn.
- ch 1, sc in 1st sc and in following 7, sk next sc, 5 dc in ch 1 space, [2 sc in next ch 1 sp, 5 dc in next ch 1 space] 9 times, sk next sc, sc in the next 5 sc to the end, turn.
- Working in Back Loops Only for this row: ch 1, [hdc in the next 10 sc, sc in next 5 dc, hdc in next 2] 9 times, hdc in next 8 sc
- bind off, sew in ends, attach ribbon clasps.
I have not written a pattern in a while, so if you find problems or have questions please let me know.