Boo! Are you scared yet? Well, you should be, because I have a spoooooooky Halloween costume idea that is so easy to whip up you’ll have no excuse not to trick-or-treat this year!
This Halloween shawl is perfect for the “witch” in you, just put it over your regular clothes and ta-da, you have your costume. The idea for this shawl came from this pattern I found on Pinterest. I thought I could make up my own pattern, and it worked out great. Here is the gist of what I did.
Caron Simply Soft-White (for skull)
H Hook (for skull)
Loops and Threads Charisma-Black (for shawl)
N Hook (for shawl)
I used this pattern for the skull. To help it look more complete, I added another row of single crochet to the chin, and single crochet around the entire piece.
Instructions: Web Shawl
- Join black to one corner of the shawl with a sc. In 8 evenly spaced corners, Ch 5, sc, around the skull. Join with a sl st to the first sc.
- Ch 9 (counts as a tc ch 5) tc in sc, (ch 5, tc) in each sc around. Join with a slip st in first tc.
- Ch 11, (counts as a tc, ch 7), tc in tc, (ch 7, tc) in each tc around. Join with a slip st in first tc.
- Ch 13, (counts as tc, ch 9), tc in tc, (ch 9, tc) in each tc around. Join with a sl st in first tc.
- Ch 15, (counts as tc, ch 11), tc in tc, (ch 11, tc) five times total. Ch 4, turn.
- Repeat Row 5, seven rows, increasing chain stitch by two with each row. Ch 4, turn.
- Ch 25, tc in first tc, ch 25, tc in second tc, ch 4 turn. Repeat row until the length fits around your shoulders. (I repeated 18 times)
I created a spider pin using this pattern, and pinned the shawl from end to end. I wore this to our pumpkin festival and had at least five strangers tell me they loved it! What an easy project to “dress-up” for Halloween. I hope you give it a try!