Hi! How is everyone’s crafty lives been going? I’m late to review my goals this month, but I was late to come up with the goals, in January, so I guess I’m right on time;). I have to say, my days have been melting into one another, and I could really use a day to just plan. Adding ten classes to my week, plus mom and family duties, I can understand when people say that they don’t have the time. But, I refuse to use that excuse. After all, my job (even with the planning involved for each class) is not full time, and my daughter is in all day school, I should be able to get more accomplished. It is all about organizing and planning, not that difficult. So without further ado, let’s see how I did last month.
- 1 Blog post a week – 5 in January. I think I missed a week this month, but the week before I wrote 2 posts, so it all evens out, right?
- 2 Blog follows per week – I am waaaaaay behind with this one. I don’t want to make excuses, but I haven’t been able to follow others using my phone. Have you had this issue? So, I need to get onto my laptop and check out some bloggers!
- 3 Pinterest and Instagram posts per month – 3. I made my Instagram quota, but my Pinterest is lagging.
- 4 exercise days per week – 4 and then some! This one is easy because I teach yoga classes twice a week, so all I have to do is go to the gym two more days. I consider exercise one of the main reasons for my good mental health, so I make it a priority.
- 5 fruits and vegetables a day. I’m probably averaging 3, not goal, but not nothing either.
- 6 new patterns this year. Haven’t started any new designs, but I have ideas.
- 7 Things donated a month. I cleaned out baby stuff from C’s room, so I have at least 7 items ready to go.
- 8 books read this year – 2. They were short, but I read the weird Kafka story The Metamorphosis and Albert Camus’s The Stranger. Not sure how I felt about either story. I can’t say I liked the main character in either. But, I am really glad my book club (just by chance) decided to pair these stories together. They seemed to piggy-back each other really well, and I kept comparing the two as I read them.
- 9 written or tried Ravelry Patterns this year – 0. I really need to work on this.
- 10 read, commented, or liked blogs per day. I probably have done this 4 to 5 days of the weeks.
- 11 video tutorials this year -0. Oops! I forgot this was a goal!
- 12 family photos a year. With C’s birthday, I should have taken a bday photo, but alas, I’m 0 for the year.
- 13 days writing a month. I don’t think I have written more than 3 or 4 days this month besides the blog. Time to step it up!
- 14 Photo Sessions per year – 5. I posed my products five times last month. Now I need to post them on Pinterest and Instagram!
- 15 lbs lost by my birthday – 0. I may have actually gained weight in January! Ugh, I might work out most days of the week, but my appetite compensates for the exercise. I joined Weight Watchers months ago, and have gained 5 pounds. I think it is time to take it seriously, or stop paying the monthly fee.
- 16 classes taught per month – 19. My classes ramped up at the end of January, so this goal is an easy one to meet.
- 17 new Etsy listings this year – 1. I listed my commissioned shrug for a new customer, so a new sale in January too!
- 18 home cooked meals per month – 12? I didn’t keep track of what I made and what we ate out. I’m guessing somewhere around 12, but it may be more. Oh, and I’m counting leftovers towards my 18 meals too :).
So, what did I learn from my first month? I gotta step it up! I think I was still comatose from the holidays and then having to plan C’s birthday right away, our celebrations don’t end until the end of January. I feel like I am starting to get into a rhythm, hopefully February will bring better results!
Back next week with crochet news. Thanks for stopping by!